The Not-So-Sexy Infertility Adventures of a Girl in the Big Apple

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy and Sad

Reading everyone's posts the past couple of weeks I've had a lot of mixed emotions.  There have been amazing, wonderful stories from women who have finally given birth after years of waiting (congratulations TurtleMama, Sooz, and Jay!!!)  Seeing pictures of their beautiful babies and hearing the joy their 'voices' (underneath the exhaustion and craziness) is so wonderful.

And then there are the women who are still happily pregnant - furnishing nurseries, picking out names, posting their ultrasound pictures.  It warms my heart to read about every milestone passed, every dream for the future.

But it's the strong, wonderful women who are still in the trenches that really move me.  There were a couple of posts this week that broke my heart, and brought me back to those tense, awful days in my recent past.  I have no words of wisdom - all of you are veterans, and know how to navigate the landmines associated with IF.  I just wish each of you as much peace and strength as possible in the coming days, and the shortest point possible from here to getting your dream babies!

In other news, I've been very busy and productive preparing for the babies arrival.  I've pretty much picked out a crib, stroller, glider, and am now starting to research infant seats.  We are planning to throw a shower in a month or so, before I get too huge.  I've also lined up a baby nurse for the early weeks and am very far down the line with figuring out a nanny to help me during the week.  I was originally going to wait on that but have been told so strenuously by so many people how much I'm going to need help with twins that I've changed my mind.  I'm also in the process of ordering new windows and blackout curtains for the nursery, as well as childproofing all of our apartment windows. And finally, I'm designing a built-in closet in the nursery for all of their clothes & toys as well as cleaning out all of our existing closets to make room for all of the new gear.

So whew!  A lot going on in the past few weeks, but it's all good stuff.  My belly is growing steadily - I popped out another inch or two over the weekend, and am really starting to look like a twin mama now, I think.  I've been feeling really good, except for the last few days, where I've started to get a little tired and hormonal - I think this is maybe associated with a little growth spurt by the babes.

More to come soon, I hope everyone has a great 4th of July!

8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that all is going well with you and the twins and that you are keeping busy organizing everything. I think its great to be prepared and lining up the nanny, baby nurse now when you have time to research rather than closer to birth.
    Thanks for your kind words for those of us still in the trenches. I really appreciate your support :-)

    Have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting time. Enjoy every second of it, doll. You've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad everything's going well - sounds like an absolutely amazing time in your life - may we all be so blessed to experience this time at some point. Great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You're doing so much! I'm really glad to hear that everything is going well. Don't forget to take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one busy momma! Glad you've been doing well and getting things done :) Hope it's a great shower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the congrats! I am so glad you are hiring help for when you get home from the hospital! You are going to be so happy you did that, especially if you have a c section! I'm ready to see a new belly pic of you! I hope the shower is fun & you get lots of fun things for the babies! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ordered the Milk saver you recommended - I will let you know how it works! can't wait for your next update and belly pic :)

    ReplyDelete