It took me about 2 seconds after returning home to start obsessing again about IVF and the baby thing - I spent about 8 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday reading blogs...can't stop! I know some of this is inevitable and may even be healthy, but I also know that holing up in my apartment and obsessing is generally not good for my mental health.
It's also crazy for me not to make the absolute most of this time, when I have the luxury of not working for the first time in my life. I should use it to do some of the things I've always wanted to do but never had the time. So I'm going to set a few goals for myself every week and see if I can actually apply a bit of self-discipline in meeting them.
Here's a first cut:
1) Limit the amount of IF blogging time (reading or writing) to 1 1/2 hours every day. This is going to be HARD some days, but I am going to try!
2) Exercise 3 times a week - 2 yoga sessions and one cardio (running).
3) Do something social at least once or twice a week. I've gotten too isolated lately, and whenever that happens I get depressed.
4) Do 1 hour of Rosetta Stone every day - H bought the French one a long time ago and never did it, so I might as well! Would be fun to try to learn a new language
5) Cook at least one new meal every week - I took a cooking class when I first went on leave but haven't really put it into practice yet.
6) Allot 1 - 2 hours to take care of tedious errands every day. I've been kind of lax on this lately.
7) Try to do stuff in the day time so I can come back at night and veg - if I veg during the day then nothing gets done and H wants to hang out at home after work so I end up never leaving!
That's a pretty good start. If I can do all of this I'll be impressed, as my capacity for sloth when left to my own devices is immense.
Off now to take care of some errands - check #6 off the list!