The Not-So-Sexy Infertility Adventures of a Girl in the Big Apple

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Full Flo?

Still waiting on "full flow before 5pm," the C.CRM definition of Day 1.  This is one of the weirder periods I've had - have been spotting with increasing (but not full!) intensity since Thursday last week, but it's still not here.  At least I think it's not here, am beginning to wonder.   It could be that the bleeding I had following the Hysteroscopy at my ODWU is giving me a lighter-than-normal period now.  In which case today (or yesterday) could be my Day 1?  I certainly have all of the usual signs - pale, fatigued, crampy, moody.

I guess I'll give it until tomorrow and see.  If I don't get anything more by then I think I'm going to assume there just isn't going to be more and call it Day 1.

All of my meds have arrived, and it's really hitting me that I'm actually doing this again.  I just hope that the testosterone and estrogen don't cause too many side effects just before our wedding.  Would be kind of embarrassing to go there with facial hair and a lower voice!  At a minimum I am expecting bad skin and/or moodiness.  Am really glad it's just going to be family...

H's sperm analysis came back - it was just okay.  He had normal count, low-ish motility and rate.  I think his sample was probably compromised by the fact that he had just come back from his bachelor party and was hung over, recuperating from a stomach bug, and had a bad cold/flu.  He's always been fine in the past.  They are recommending ICSI, which I think we would have to do in any case because of CCS.
My AMH came back at 0.5, slightly lower than it has been in the past.  It will be really interesting to see where my FSH comes out when I do Day 3 bloods - I've read that people tend to get higher readings from C.CRM then they do from other labs, don't know if that's true.

This is kind of a boring post...just twiddling my thumbs waiting for Flo.  Hope she gets here soon.

3 comments:

  1. From what I've heard from others and in my own experience, CC.RM's readings are definitely higher than other labs. My FSH was definitely higher (hadn't had my AMH checked before CC.RM).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Newbie - hate that AF is giving you fits. My period usually takes a day or 2 to start flowing and it's really annoying when you need to be sure about your Day 1.
    in a 9 month span by FSH went from 8.7 to 10.7 so I do think their lab has high readings of FSH. And I responded almost too well to the stimulation meds, so I don't know what to make of the high FSH lab.
    We did ICSI because my husband takes Zyrtec and his morphology was low. I think they ICSI almost everyone at CCRM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very annoying when AF doesn't arrive on time. My FSH was almost exactly the same with CCRM I don't really know my other numbers because I never really asked. I am sure you are fine with that number, you spend such a long time in CO for monitoring that they can make any changes very easy. I think ICSI is the best way to go especially since this process isn't easy and it costs a lot of money. Dr. G does think my husband need to bank some sperm because he doesn't have much to begin with and he thinks he will stop making it within a few years.

    ReplyDelete