The Not-So-Sexy Infertility Adventures of a Girl in the Big Apple

Monday, October 3, 2011


An unfortunate update.  My nurse called me back and I started asking her some of the questions I had about estrogen/testosterone priming and when we would need to begin.  In the process, we uncovered that in fact I can't actually cycle in November because in order to do that I would have to have my Day 3 blood work and HSG done before my next cycle begins.  Since I'm already on Day 12 of this cycle, that's clearly impossible.

We might be able to get away with not doing the HSG yet since I only need that pre-transfer, but definitely not the day 3 bloodwork.  Argh.  

I asked her to check with Dr. S just in case he was okay with assigning a priming protocol w/out day 3 bloodwork, but I'm highly doubtful he'll say yes.  So looks like we're going to be waiting until January after all.

Meh.  Not a tragedy, but meh.


  1. sorry to hear that. they have so many hoops you have to jump through, it does take awhile. Hoping the time passes quickly!


  2. Aww man, I hate that for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

  3. That stinks. This process is always about delays and set backs. Hang in there!

  4. I hate when you finally make a plan & you
    get delayed! Hopefully the time will pass quickly!
    It's probably good to not be on the crazy drugs
    during the holidays!