The Not-So-Sexy Infertility Adventures of a Girl in the Big Apple

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Reversal

So I just got a mail from CCRM saying that I was cleared to cycle in November!  Great news, except now I have a dilemma.  I just realized that we could allocate money to my husband's FSA next year for these treatments and do them tax free - that is significant savings.   If we do 2 cycles, it might save us as much as $16,000.  So by cycling in November I would be missing out on $7 - $8k worth of savings from this.

Ugh, now I don't know what to do.  I am torn because I know that cycles can get postponed due to other factors (a cyst, poor response, etc) and therefore I think you need to take opportunities when you can, because you never know what can happen.  On the other hand, $7 - $8k is a lot of money!



  1. That's great news!! I think if it were me, I would wait. It's only a couple of months and that is a LOT of money to save - just my two cents.

  2. I agree with Jen. It's hard to wait but in reality is not so far away. hang in there and good luck with your decision!

  3. Hmm - that's a hard one! That is pretty good savings, but sounds like you are ready to get rolling! Good luck!

  4. Tough decision! Honestly without knowing your financial situation it's hard for me to comment. For me personally I would go for it in November but if you are a little more strapped for cash and would greatly benefit from the $8000 savings then I would say wait it out. Really a tough call! Good luck!

  5. I'd wait. Especially WHEN you get pregnant you'll need that money for nursery stuff!