The Not-So-Sexy Infertility Adventures of a Girl in the Big Apple

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

6dp3dt

Ladies, I just want to thank you for talking me off the ledge yesterday.  Yesterday was a BAD day in terms of hormones.  I spent most of the day in tears for no reason.  Ugh.  Luckily, all of your wise and measured words helped enormously, as did Hubby coming home a little early to take care of me.  Love that guy.

Thankfully I woke up this morning feeling normal - and for once had enough energy to get some stuff done.  The most significant thing was a consultation with a donor egg agency that I'm interested in working with.  It was a helpful conversation, and answered some of the questions I had about the process.  Unfortunately they don't have any donors that look promising to me right now.

I hope very much that I don't end up needing this Plan B.  But taking a cue from Mo at Life & Love in the Petri Dish, I am going to pursue multiple options simultaneously, just in case.

"Symptoms" (or lack thereof) today:
1) Insomnia - Totally gone.  Slept like a baby last night.
2) Appetite - Returned to normal (eating like a pig).
3) Cramps - Non-existent!
4) Breast Tenderness - The only thing that made itself felt today.  Some swelling and tenderness today (thanks progesterone!)

No POAS yet, staying strong for now.  5 days to beta and counting...

7 comments:

  1. Thinking about you lots newbie...hang in there chick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are feeling better! These hormones are the worst! I am hoping you won't need a donor, I really am sure you won't, but in the remote possibility that you end up there, I wanted to tell you that my friend hired an agent that researches all the donors in America and finds exactly what you are looking for. She sent me the picture of her donor last week and I was amazed!! It looked like her just 20 years younger. I think she paid 1K for it, totally worth every penny.

    BUT I really do think this is your time newbie, 5 days is nothing! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day by day my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I cried every day in the final week of the TWW right, every.single.day. You can't help it babe. So much stress! Anyway stay off the ledge and so glad you are feeling lots better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better. I was too was a mess during the 2 week wait. Especially as I got closer to Beta Day. It's so much pressure. stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to hear that today is better! I hope and pray you don't need a plan b but, if you do and have questions about the donor process, give me a shout. Hope that positive is just around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete