The Not-So-Sexy Infertility Adventures of a Girl in the Big Apple

Monday, February 13, 2012

It's A Go!

I just got word from my nurse that I am cleared to go for the FET - my lining is at 14m and estradiol is 500 (they want to see over 300).  Can't believe I'll be leaving on Wednesday for Denver - FINALLY.

I attended a memorial service yesterday for a former work colleague of mine who passed away from a rare form of cancer.  It is really a tragedy - she was young (only in her 20s), intelligent, beautiful, and talented - the whole package.  I didn't know her super well (although I always liked her) but a friend of mine who was very close to her asked me to attend to support her, as she had been asked by the family to give a tribute.  The service was amazing, and I found myself crying through the whole thing.   While there would have been some tears regardless, I'm sure the high levels of estrogen didn't help with controlling my emotions.  I literally started tearing up when I walked into the room...could *feel* the hormones working.

Anyhow, attending this beautiful service was a reminder of how lucky I am just to be alive and healthy (aside from IF, of course).  I want to remember this during the FET to keep it in perspective as much as possible.  It won't be easy, but I am going to try - that's all we can do, right?

One thing I am also determined to do is not to put any stock in my 2WW symptoms.  I have had every pregnancy symptom in the book on my natural, IUI and IVF cycles and have always been wrong.  Also, the estrogen is already giving me cramps, a very heavy/full feeling uterus, and sore nipples.  If I didn't know better, I'd think I was pregnant already!  I'm sure I won't be able to stop myself from noticing symptoms, but I will know better than to think they mean anything.

I am praying that our flights leave on time and we don't have any weather issues.  I am praying that our embryos thaw perfectly and transfer goes smoothly.  And most of all, I am praying that this works.  Please, oh please, let this work...

18 comments:

  1. Yay, the time has come! I'm hoping all goes smoothly & this FET results in pregnancy! The 2ww symptoms are not trustworthy! Don't let that estrogen & progesterone fool you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the very best for the tranfer. Lots of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!!!! Safe travels...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting! Hope you have beautifully thawed embies to transfer!

    How sad about your colleague. Yes, it certainly does help to keep things in perspective, doesn't it.

    Just take it a day at time and try to enjoy the possibility that you will be pregnant very soon. Got everything crossed for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for good weather and sticky embies! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying for all those things FOR you. Can't believe you leave the day after tomorrow! One week after us!! Everything crossed for you that it all goes as smoothly as possible: flight, thaw, transfer.

    xo

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  7. 14mm! Holy cow!!! I need the recipe! You are my hero! So "glad" to hear you are having cramps too from the estrogen, I've been worrying a bit about my endo coming back because of the cramps I'm feeling but it's probably just the estrogen as you said, phew!

    Sorry about your colleague, so young, yes, that kind of thing definitely puts things in perspective and you are very wise to how lucky we are to be healthy and alive.

    I am so excited for you, I truly think this will work, I just have this strong feeling about you, you have all my best wishes, can't hear every detail about it all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. very inspiring!!! happy valentines..hope you could visit my blog

    too

    visit my blog too...

    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

    kissses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! And I agree with your plan to not analyze/over-analyze any 2ww symptoms. Every person & cycle is different... add in the hormones and you'll drive yourself nuts! Hoping you have smooth flights and good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! So glad all your numbers are good and you are set to go. This just has to work! I will be praying for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great numbers! the 2ww (9days) was enough to drive me crazy. I couldn't stop thinking about every little symptoms so I hope your time goes fast and your mind stays free and clear of any negative thoughts! Can't wait for the details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I posted already but I am so excited for you, remind me where you are staying, are you leaving on Thursday night? Too bad we are missing each other but just a few days, specially now that my transfer is Thursday! Bummer! I googled the restaurants you were recommending, we are vegetarians and there is not a whole lot we can eat there :-( Let me know if you find any others though, even though you'll be on bedrest most of the time maybe you can sneak a nice meal in there. When are you flying back?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! It is annoying how blogger doesn't notify of replies, but we figured out a way to make it work :-) The Four Seasons is better than the Teatro, but it is more expensive. I think you will like the Teatro though, let me know. So they moved your transfer to Thursday too? I thought you were on Friday before. This has to be our month newbie! But yes, let's stay in the middle of the alley ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay newbie!! I am SO excited for you and crossing all of my extremities that this works!! I'm so sad I missed meeting you in Denver. Have a GREAT trip! I'l be thinking about you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Newbie, welcome to Denver. We're supposed to get a little snow, but nothing that looks like it will delay your flight on this end. You definitely have the right perspective. I remember when we did our international cycles,

    I don't mean to minimalize anyone's journey, but I remember my coordinator saying to me that even though infertility seemed like a major crisis at the time, she also works with cancer patients and if I saw some of the cases she saw, we would realize that in comparison, this is just a bump-in-the-road because we have excellent health and a great deal of love between my DH and me. When she told me this, it really helped me put it into perspective.

    Best wishes on this cycle. Our fingers and toes are all crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a great flight tonight and know that I will be sending you tons of good vibes your way tomorrow. Big hugs!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. good good good luck, wishing you the bestest transfer and the superest result mwah x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thinking of you! I can't wait to hear how everything is going.

    ReplyDelete