The Not-So-Sexy Infertility Adventures of a Girl in the Big Apple

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Two Weeks

FET is now 2 weeks away, and I am thankful that time is passing.  I've been doing a reasonable job of not obsessing too much, although it's never far from my mind.  Yoga has been helping - I've been trying to do it as much as possible.  The DVDs are genius - I wish I'd discovered them long ago!

Yesterday I picked up a girlfriend of mine from the hospital.  She was getting a uterine polyp removed in anticipation of doing IVF for the first time.  She is in her early 40s and single, and has decided that she wants a child.  It's nice to have someone I know who is also going through this process but it's also difficult.  I've been trying to be as mum as possible about our cycles, as I find it's easier to deal with that way.  But with her, I feel kind of bad doing that since she's been so open with me.  I ended up telling her some half-truths, which made me feel a little guilty, but I just know it's better that way.

Other than that, not much to report.  I'm feeling pretty good, but have noticed that occasionally I get a little weepy and emotional.  I chalk that up to the Lupron, and perhaps the Estrogen.  But all and all, the FET is much easier than a full IVF cycle.

There are a number of you (Jen, Mo, Libby) who are off to C.CRM soon.  I wish you all the best of luck, and hope you'll keep us posted.  Really hoping this will be a month of celebration for all of us...

11 comments:

  1. Two weeks - not long now newbie! We just got here today - wish the timing would have worked out that we could have met. Wishing you lots of luck with your FET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Two weeks! That's so close. It'll be no time and your transfer will done. I'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of positive thoughts. This will work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, two weeks for you, three weeks for me!!! :-) I'm going to order those yoga DVD's that you mentioned, never too late. Good job on keeping it together, I'm trying hard too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the Shiva Rea Yoga Shakti one - you can customize the routine based on what you want to work on. Kind of cool.

      Delete
  4. Wishing you luck on this cycle! And yes, FET's are easier than fresh IVF cycles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got high hopes for you too!!! Thanks :)

    I understand what you are saying about keeping some of your journey to yourself. You just have to do what you are comfortable with. I'm pretty guarded in everyday life as I find it stressful to be on the receiving end of well meaning but ignorant advice - especially when I'm hormonal ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know where else to post this, I have one more left of the first Season of Downton Abbey, I'm so addicted! I just love that show!!! Have you seen Breaking Bad? It's pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not so sure if BB is good for your 2ww, it's so intense!!!! You might need something more mellow, feel good type of show, or maybe it's OK, you can start and see :-) I am starting a list of things to make me laugh for the rest day after transfer, have you seen Tosh.0? Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog! Good luck on this cycle. Sending positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog too...I'm a fellow SMC in NYC gearing up for a cycle next month....best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Less than a week to go. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete