The Not-So-Sexy Infertility Adventures of a Girl in the Big Apple

Friday, February 24, 2012

O. M. G.

Ladies, it's 8dp3dt, and I think I might actually be a little bit pregnant!  Let me tell you the story:

Yesterday I was having one of those days where I just couldn't sit still.  I tried everything to distract myself (a walk, TV, books, etc.) but just couldn't.  I had planned to try to wait until at least today to test (which admittedly was still very early) but I realized when looking through my stash that I had 5 internet cheapie tests left so I figured I'd start using them once-a-day, 5 days before beta and just finish them off.

I told myself that 7dp3dt was way too early to worry if I got a negative, so at around 4pm yesterday I bit the bullet and peed.  At first I saw nothing, and just figured that it was (sigh) another negative.  But after a few minutes I thought I saw the merest ghost of a line.  After another few minutes I could definitely see the faintest of faint lines.  It could only be seen close up, in strong light, but believe me, after examining a zillion tests for faint lines and never seeing even a *hint* of one in over 2 years, this seemed really promising.

I was of course elated, and had to go on a long walk just to process the event.  I told myself that I wouldn't tell anyone until I did another test today, just in case this was a fluke.  Not even my husband.  Not even you guys.  

I spent most of the day today in various states of holding my pee.  I decided I would test around 2pm, but I screwed up and accidentally started peeing at 12:30pm without thinking about it, so then I had to wait until 3:30pm to make sure my pee was concentrated enough.  But it was worth it though, because after peeing I saw this (the one on top is from today):


I don't know if you guys can see it in the picture, but there's definitely a faint line there, and it's a wee bit darker than the one below it from yesterday.  Considering it's only 8dp3dt this seems really encouraging!!

I wanted you ladies to be the first to know.  And I cannot wait to tell hubby when he gets home tonight!  I know there's a long way to go, and this could all go away at any time.  But after more than 2 years of seeing stark white, it is just amazing to even get this far...there are no words.

The only bummer is that since yesterday's test I've developed one new, horrible "symptom," which is massive heartburn.  I didn't realize that this was a common side effect of elevated progesterone, which is why so many women get it in pregnancy.  The progesterone acts as a muscle relaxant, which (among other things) relaxes the flap that separates the esophagus from stomach - hence, your esophagus gets exposed to stomach acid, and OW!  This is also one of the reasons why we get constipation with progesterone - the muscles that help push the stuff through also get relaxed.  I've never had heartburn before, so I was totally unprepared for it.  It kept me up all night last night, and I've been feeling it all day today.  C.CRM has only approved me to use Tums and Mylanta, which I'm only having minor success with.  Ugh.

But that's so insignificant compared to the happiness I'm feeling right now.  You can bet I'll be peeing every day until beta to hopefully see this line get darker.  And I'll keep y'all posted!  I had a feeling February was going to be a good month for all of us cycling, and I can't wait until everyone gets their turn!

19 comments:

  1. AHHHH!!! It's DEF darker newbie!! OMG so exciting and so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG newbie!!! You are pregnant!!! Congratulations!!! This is the absolute BEST news ever!!!! So so so happy for you! You have to get a digital now and see the word "PREGNANT"!!!! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!!! Keep getting darker line : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah babe I can see a line. That is really really really really really amazing (yes I am excited!) How more days till beta?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, beta is Monday, Feb 27th....so 3 more days!!

      Delete
  5. WHAAAAA!!!! Yay! I totally see the lines. And yes, that heartburn is horrible. Tums and Mylanta did absolutely nothing for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG is right!!! That is AWESOME!!! It is still very early. This is so, so promising. Really happy for you!!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks that way to me! I have been posting about these line kits - so hard to read sometimes. HOW GREAT!! WOOT WOOT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Newbie! I am so excited for you!!! That is definitely a line. Whoohoo! Grow embies grow! The heartburn is definitely worth those 2 lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! That line is definitely getter darker! Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Newbie -- its a LINE!! I can totally see today's and even yesterday's. I am so happy for you and have been checking to see if you had any updates. Sending you lots of good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see the lines on both sticks!!! YAYYYYY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WooHoo!! I see the line on BOTH sticks! Use FMU tomorrow!! As for the heartburn... just be prepared to stock up on Tums and eat it like candy. I keep bottles of Tums in different rooms in the house. So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I'm still ever so impressed by somebody who can turn an HPT positive. I gave up on the damned things before I got pregnant.

    Another one who ate loads of Tums during pregnancy here... even if they didn't do much more than take the edge off things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I see it! It's there! It's real! And it's early! Which means the embabies are settling in and by beta day your will have great numbers!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A definite line. Finger crossed for happy confirmation at your beta.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG is right! I totally see a line! Can't wait for beta numbers, could it be one or two?!

    ReplyDelete