The Not-So-Sexy Infertility Adventures of a Girl in the Big Apple

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Beta #2...

...was 1,435.  More than doubled, I'm super happy!

I want to thank everyone for your reassuring comments yesterday.  I am feeling oodles better about the twins thing.  Yes, there are more risks and the work is daunting.  But the thought of having siblings who can play and grow up together is lovely.  And the thought of never having to do IVF again is absolutely amazing!  I'm sure there will be some rocky days ahead but for now I'm going to concentrate on the positives.

I just can't believe I'm really pregnant...it's so surreal, and I honestly forget about it sometimes because right now I feel so normal.  No cramps, no nothing really, except for bigger boobs and occasional heartburn.  But I guess I really am pregnant...wow.

Now I'm in the next 2WW, and this one is going to be just as hard as the last one I think.  It seems like ages from now, I just don't know how I'm going to get through it.  One good thing is that I managed to get my local RE to do my 6 week ultrasound, so I don't have to go to the one I don't like.  I'm now in the process of trying to figure out which OB I want, which in NY is no easy thing.  As a couple people have warned me (thanks guys!), there's heavy competition here for the good ones.  And unfortunately the high-risk OBs who I think I want to go to don't take any appointments until after you've been released from the IVF clinic.  And I also won't really know for sure that I'm high risk until at least that first u/s appointment.  Sigh, I guess I'll just have to figure it out as I go...

The important thing is that as of today I am pregnant, and who would've ever thunk that could happen?

11 comments:

  1. Big congratulations on your beautiful beta!

    Good luck with your next 2WW! The waiting just keeps coming, I can't get over how much waiting seems to be involved in pregnancy! It's almost as bad as TTC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Yes, the idea of never having to do IVF again sounds grand! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO PREGNANT!!! Whoo hoo!!!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo happy the number doubled! It looks like you are one pregnant mama! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoohoo! So glad to see your beta! I am so so happy for you! It really is amazing. I agree that this 2 week wait is in ways harder than the first one. Enjoy not having symptoms now, because they are probably on their way. Glad you like the blog I recommended - she makes having twins look easy and enjoyable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you! Glad you are getting a little more comfortable with the possibility of having twins and hope you saw my comment on your last post. Honestly, having twins really isn't any more work than one baby. With one, you make bottles, change diapers, do laundry - with twins you just do a little more.

    People are fascinated by twins. My sister just had a baby in September and most people forget to ask how the baby is doing - but they always ask "How are the twins?" Strangers will be in awe too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic beta! Looking like some tough little bean(s)! Congrats on being pregnant! It's so hard to wrap your head around hey? I still can't get over it (haha, you know since I have known for one whole week more than you!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! You couldn't ask for better beta numbers!! I'm just so happy for you. The wait will be torturous (I won't lie to you), but it's so worth it. Just hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great beta numbers! I have to say this 2WW was so much harder for me. I was a mess waiting for that first u/s. It's still hard for me to believe this is really happening and I am 16 weeks. Can't wait for the u/s report!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great numbers Newbie!! So glad you are feeling a bit more comfortable with the idea of twins, and of course not having to do another IVF is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete